Interests and Research Focus
- Developing camel derived antibodies (CaMab®) to neutralize pathogens.
- Combining CaMab® with antimicrobial peptides to lyse the baterial and fungal pathogens on contact (AbTid®) to tackle serious problem of antibiotic resistance. These molecules are resistance proof, as mutatable intracellular proteins are not targeted.
- In situ delivery of the CaMab® using probiotics for enteric applications in human and animal health to reduce the usage of growth promoting and prophylactic antibiotics.
- Using CaMab® to develop novel immunotherapeutics against cancers and autoimmune diseases.
- Utilizing human and mouse short chain fragment variable (scFv) derived antibody molecules tailored to bind specific and novel targets.
- Developing antiparasitic molecules against neglected geohelminth parasites, using a combination of nanobodies and RNA interference.