Abgenics is a privately held discovery stage biotechnology company focused on generation of unique camelid, mouse and human antibody and antibody fragment libraries, selection and maturing of antibody molecules against novel cancer, immunoinflammation and infectious pathogen targets.
Abgenics utilizes its proprietary library/ antibody generation methods and deep clinical and translational insights to identify novel targets and antibodies to key disease subpopulations of cells/ targets in oncology, immunoinflammation and infections. Abgenics also seeks to establish partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies around the world to exploit our unique offerings and take them to the clinic.
Focus on novel and high-value drug targets where AbGenics' proprietary technology allows rapid identification and maturation of antibodies through in vitro and in vivo stages. Identification of novel targets and biomolecules to modulate their activity using antibodies in multiple formats (human/camelid/mouse). Establishment of in vivo Proof of Concept followed by outlisencing the molecules.
- 2010 -
- Founded in National Chemical Laboratories, Venture Center , Pune. Launched laboratory operations and shifted to an independent research facility.
- 2010-2014 –
- Development of antiinfective camelid antibodies and probiotics based delivery vehicles for enteral delivery to human and aniamals.
- Development of antiparasitic RNAi based molecule to control human hookworm infections, funded by The Gates Foundation.
- 2014-Present –
- Development of value added antimicrobials using a combination of peptides and camelid antibodies, funded by BIRAC, Government of India.
- Development of human, mouse and camelid antibody platforms for rapid identification of leads and novel target ID, using disease tissues. Generation of full length human antibodies against cancer and autoimmune targets.